Saturday, June 19, 2010

WildRice Mayhem...

Let's just say that I did an experiment.. and it turns out ...

wildrice meal..

It's a wildrice and normal rice mayhem!! Ever seen a purplish rice before!!! Oh Brother!! I've turned my rice purplish the other day while my buddy girlfriend was here.. It was a surprised!! I never made purplished rice before...

It's actually a mixture of two different types of rice: Wildrice + Basmati Rice..
Now, me being the smartass.. add about half a cup of the wildrice and 2 cups of basmati rice.. and the result was very deep purplish rice as you can see above.. Have I learnt my lesson yet?? Of course I have..

Anyway, what did a girl gotta do with this rice.. I've to eat it for couple of days.. it really tasted great!! But it's so purplish... lol.. Thats my meal for last weekend..

Recently, I cooked another wildrice again.. but this time I only use about 1 tablespoon of wildrice + 2 cups of Basmati rice... The results (drum roll please):

Mixture of rice

There it is.. a lighter purplish rice.. If you want the  intensity of the wildrice.. add more wildrice but if you want the lesser intensity of the color, add less..

Anyhow, that was my dinner the other day with dandelion savory soup.. Ever eat dandelions.. YES, it's WEEDS!!!

Well, catch y'all later and hope y'all have a great eating day.. lol

No comments: