Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sushi Day!!!

Well, I decided to make sushi late yesterday evening...
The Sushi!!!

I've not been making sushi for over 3 years plus.. This version of sushi making is much better and tastier than the ones I did 3 years ago..The ingredients are as follow:

1) 2 cups of medium Japanese Rice or Calrose or Nishiki or Brown rice
2) 3 tbsp Rice Vinegar
3) 6 tbsp granulated sugar
4) 3 tsp sea salt
5) 2 cups of water
Filling (your choice: below are just what I made):
1) Saute Chicken salad or tuna fish
2) eggroll
Mixture of rice
Mix 3 different types of rice: Nishiki, Brown Rice and Wildrice
(You can use one type but today I use 3 different types for experiementation)
Mix the rice in  the rice cooker or a pot.

Wshed Rice
Washed the rice with tap water at least 3 times
to get rid of the starch. Then strain the rice until there's no water left,
and leave it aside for 1 hour.

Sticky Rice 
Then put the washed rice into the rice cooker.
Pour 2 cups of water and leave the rice to cook for at least 30 minutes or 
if you're using rice cooker, it will stop automatically. Once cooked, leave it for at most 5 minutes.
Then make the vinegar mixture as follows:
 
Then made the vinegar sauce to be poured into the sticky rice once it's cooked.
Add the sugar, salt and rice vinegar into a cup and heat it in microwave for 25 seconds.
Stir the vinegar mixture!!! 
 
Use a spoon to scoop up the vinegar mixture and put it into the rice.
At the same time, use a hand fan to fan the rice.
 
Tip: You need to fold the rice when you put the vinegar mixture!
 
Then cooked the filling.. It's really up to you what you want to use..
Raw, cooked or veges.. here, I saute my chicken I like my food to be cooked
and not raw meat!!!
 

Chicken Filling
My first filling.. sauted chicken with dandelions!!

Eggroll
 2nd ingredient: eggroll!!

Sushi get ready
The sushi mat and the nori (Roasted Seaweed Sheets)
 
I wrapped my bamboo mat with cling wrap so that the nori won't stick to my mat.
Also, for easy cleaning!!

Box of Shushi
The Sushi.. I can get about 24 sliced sushis!!!
 
Am gonna have it for lunch and dinner!!
 
 
Enjoy the sushis!!
 

 
 

 

 
 

No comments: