Friday, November 05, 2010

If you're under the weather...

I've been under the weather for the past few days, I woke up with very sore throat and my whole body aches.. This is the time when I wish for someone.. Anyway, today I decided to go to WF Market  to get spinach but they are out of it. So, I got me green kale. Well, they do have spinach which was in the box, but am not so keen of spinach in the box today..

Then I got these meds for my sore throat and hopefully, it would help to ease the soreness of my throat early morning... I reckon it's winter's cold.. change of season my immune system tend to go a little bit off..

Got home.. I started to prep for my soup: Vegetable Beef soup...

Ingredients:

2 stalks Green Kale (coarsely cut)
handful shitake mushrooms (fresh & cut coarsely)
2 brussels sprouts (diced)
1/4  Red bellpepper (diced)
onions & garlic (chopped & sliced)
2 tbsp chilli paste
1 tsp ginger powder or fresh ginger
cooked beef (cut into cubes)
1 vegetable broth cubes
Salt & pepper to taste

Rice Vermicelli Noodles (Elephant brand & Wei-wei brand) (soak in hot water for 1 minute)


Vegetable Beef Noodle Soup
 As per normal cooking on the soup, saute the onions, ginger, chilli paste in the wok for one minute. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then add the water from the mushroom and pour the beef into the wok. Cooked for a few minutes or until the beef is tender.

Once tender, add the rest of the vegetables into the wok. Let it cook for a few minutes until the veges are tender and blanch.. Then you're ready to serve it with rice or noodles.. Today, I served mine with noodles because I just need it for am coming down with cold.

As am not feeling well, I like to watch my bunnies.. as they like to entertain me with their muse last night.. Aren't they adorable sitting in their litter box together.. very cozy indeed...!!! :D

No comments: